Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tornado Condition Value 9 for South Arkansas, NE Texas  (Read 783 times)
Little River Hawg 
Mr. 400,000!
King Hog

« on: April 26, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »

Looks like we are in for some more nasty weather today.  The Weather Channel has upgraded the Tor:Con value to 9 for South Arkansas, NE Texas.  Be careful out there today.  Jim Cantore has traveled to Arkadelphia today.  The closer Jim gets to your town the worse the weather.  
silverstreak 
King Hog

Right in your suckhole, Saban

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »

Looks like we are in for some more nasty weather today.  The Weather Channel has upgraded the Tor:Con value to 9 for South Arkansas, NE Texas.  Be careful out there today.  Jim Cantore has traveled to Arkadelphia today.  The closer Jim gets to your town the worse the weather. 
awesome  sarcasm

**just watched a video explaining the tor:con index.  apparently, us being at a "9" means that there's a 90% chance of there being a tornado within a 50 mile radius of ne texas and sw ark.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 12:43:52 PM by silverstreak » Logged
AstroHawg 
King Hog

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:54:51 PM »

Gosh just stay away from Magnolia.  This weather is crazy.
phelan 
Global Moderator
Boss Hog

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 01:36:04 PM »

http://www.chasertv.com/watch/video-streams-in-imap/

Online streaming of storm chaser's video feeds

I'd say that area will be lucky if the storms are just nasty; the setup looks as bad as last week's outbreak in NC that saw 100 tornadoes.
Shrevepork 
Boss Hog

1/20/2013 America's 2nd Independence Day

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 01:41:17 PM »

Looks like we are in for some more nasty weather today.  The Weather Channel has upgraded the Tor:Con value to 9 for South Arkansas, NE Texas.  Be careful out there today.  Jim Cantore has traveled to Arkadelphia today.  The closer Jim gets to your town the worse the weather.  

Cantore tweeted earlier that he's now staying put in Memphis.  He feels the threat is just as great there. 
Little River Hawg 
Mr. 400,000!
King Hog

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »

Cantore tweeted earlier that he's now staying put in Memphis.  He feels the threat is just as great there. 

Yep. 
P'cola Hog 
Administrator
King Hog

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 01:58:29 PM »

No doubt.  Cantore was on our beach when Hurricane Ivan hit us a few years ago. I like Jim but if you see him anywhere near your house  sonic sonic sonic sonic sonic

MagnoliaHawg 
Piglet

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 01:59:56 PM »

Sure gives comfort seeing storm chasers in your town sitting and waiting...everyone be safe out there today/tonight.
Shrevepork 
Boss Hog

1/20/2013 America's 2nd Independence Day

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 02:16:33 PM »

Here's the next big story to come out of the region.  The levee's on the Louisiana side are in piss poor shape and will not hold.  It's going to be worse than they're now letting on.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/20110426/NEWS01/104260317/Mississippi-River-rising-fast?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Little River Hawg 
Mr. 400,000!
King Hog

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 02:31:28 PM »

Cantore just tweeted that he has changed his mind again and is headed to Arkadelphia.
silverstreak 
King Hog

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »

Cantore just tweeted that he has changed his mind again and is headed to Arkadelphia.
crap.  i absolutely hate storms/tornadoes.  i pray everyone stays safe.
HogFeezy 
Boss Hog

#1-0

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »

as long as he doesn't change his mind and stop in Benton, we're good.
P'cola Hog 
Administrator
King Hog

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 02:55:56 PM »

You live in Benton?  Ruh-roh!!!   sonic sonic
silverstreak 
King Hog

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 02:57:46 PM »

while i lived in arkadelphia, it always seemed like most of the bad stuff went right through benton.  i was on the interstate a couple years ago when that tornado passed through and only got out of it's way a couple minutes before it hit benton.  talk about nervous.
HogFeezy 
Boss Hog

#1-0

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 03:00:14 PM »

while i lived in arkadelphia, it always seemed like most of the bad stuff went right through benton.  i was on the interstate a couple years ago when that tornado passed through and only got out of it's way a couple minutes before it hit benton.  talk about nervous.
yep, I'd like to think I kept the storms away, while I was in high school near benton the big tornado hit arkadelphia, then when I moved to arkadelphia for college all the tornados seemed to hit benton. now that I'm back in saline county, you better watch out in the 'delph.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: